Posted by FitnessPal
Carrying some excess baggage? I think most of us agree that we find it easier losing weight in summer than in winter. We find that our bodies naturally lose or maintain weight in summer generally because we are more active, spending most of our time outdoors and going to the beach. Winter brings with it obstacles such as being homebound due to snowfall, cravings for naughty food and hunger pains every couple of hours (not to mention feeling like heavy carb meals to warm you up).
I personally lose a lot of motivation during winter time because I know that I don’t need to hop straight into a bikini anytime soon. During winter its easy to lose motivation and ignore our body. Even though deep down we know that winter is the time to be shaping up so we are ready to hop in that bikini come summer time.
Here are my Top 5 Tips to Lose Weight in Winter:
- Buy a treadmill or exercise bike. Winter is the best time to buy or rent a treadmill. If you are home bound due to heavy snow, there is no excuse to hop on the treadmill or bike for 30 minutes of exercise.
- Invest in some Workout DVD’s. There are so many workout DVD’s on the market that range from 5 minute workouts to hours and hours. Find one that you enjoy most and add it into your day. It takes only 10 minutes of exercise to speed up your metabolism and make you feel good.
- Stay active around the house. It may be cold outside but there are things you can do inside your house, such as sit-ups and push-ups, that will contribute to weight loss.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Try not to use winter as an excuse to eat whatever you want. To lose weight in the winter, make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and stay away from fatty foods and fast-food restaurants.
- Take up a new hobby or participate regularly in an activity or sport that you enjoy. Play basketball, tennis or join a dance class. You will lose weight and have fun at the same time. Plus it keeps you motivated.
Please follow FitnessPal blog and feel free to comment below.